I am still pondering the usefulness of this developing model. The six dimensions which I beleive are the key to attaining some traction online are:
- co-operation : the interface encourages people to comment, discuss, help and share information and events.
- communication : at the core of the website there are different forms of communication.
- incentives : there are a number of non-monetary incentives to participate ones facebook communities - recognition, acceptance, social-connection, sharing etc. For businesses there is branding, reach, connection to the client base.
- standardization : the experience is standardized, moreover via the API other platforms can connect and facebook applications can be integrated. This promotes diversity and growth.
- co-ordination : this is perhaps slightly more obscure, but lets say the platform facilitates the co-ordination of ones communication and interactions in a useful manner.
- collaboration : by sharing users are encouraged to collaborate on various levels - personal, social, business etc ... e.g "help me spread the word"
| Dimensions || fb || twitter || Groupon || Amazon || Fuzzyyellow balls |
| Co-operation || X || X || X || X || X |
| Communication || X || X || X || X || X |
| incentives || X || X || X || X || X |
| standardization || X || X || X || X || X |
| Co-ordination || X || || X || X || X |
| Collaboration || X || X || X || X || |